Sam Kerr prevents the culé podium
Alexia putellas and Jenni Beautiful have made history this Monday by painting Barça’s podium Golden Ball feminine. The footballers of the FC Barcelona occupy the first two positions of the award. The australian Sam kerr has prevented the Catalans players from equaling a Barça podium, like the one they got Messi, Iniesta and Xavi in 2010.
Another record of the Barcelona players, for the first time in the history of the Golden Ball, the first two places of the female recognition are taken by the same team. In addition, there has been the Barça to get a full recognition at the French Gala, which has attended with 5 nominees.
The great role of Barça in the last campaign (2020/2021) has led the team to be the protagonist in the latest edition of the Golden Ball. The team’s journey to lift the Champions, together with the two national trophies, League and Queen’s Cup, They have caused that the three culés footballers are also recognized, at the individual level. The image that has been lived this Monday in Paris will have been unthinkable years ago, which shows once again, the growth of women’s football, and of the FC Barcelona.
Golden Ball Ranking:
1. Alexia Putellas (Barcelona / Spain)
2. Jennifer Hermoso (Barcelona / Spain)
3. Sam Kerr (Chelsea / Australia)
4. Vivianne Miedema (Arsenal / Netherlands)
5. Lieke Martens (Barcelona / Netherlands)
6. Christine Sinclair (Portland Thorns / Canada)
7. Pernille Harder (Chelsea / Denmark)
8. Ashley Lawrence (PSG / Canada)
9. Jessie Fleming (Chelsea / Canada)
10. Fran Kirby (Chelsea / England)
11. Magdalena Eriksson (Chelsea / Sweden)
12. Christiane Endler (PSG-O. Lyon / Chile)
13. Stina Blackstenius (Häcken / Sweden)
14. Samantha Mewis (N. Caroline Courage / USA)
15. Irene Paredes (PSG-Barcelona / Spain)